If you’re a Windows 10 user and using a trial version of Windows then you will see Activate Windows watermark at the bottom right of your screen. This logo/watermark will appear on your screen in every application. This watermark appears because you’re using a trial version or your license has got expired.
There are various ways to get rid of this logo and genuine way to remove this Watermark is via Activating Windows with the license. But, if you do not have the license key to activate the Windows then here we have got a free method for you which will remove the Activate Windows Watermark from the Windows 10.
However, there are some other unethical ways such as activating windows via activator, using pirated or cracked version of Windows etc. But here we will remove the logo with some ethical ways for free. Make sure that it won’t activate windows it will just remove the watermark from your desktop’s screen.
Remove Activate Windows from Windows 10
Removing the Activate Windows Watermark is quite easy and you can do it with just a few clicks. There are various methods of removing it but here we have shared some of the easiest ways to remove the Activate Windows. Follow the below-mentioned guides to know more about this.
How to Delete Activate Windows Watermark?
Here we’ve shared 2 easiest methods of removing the Activate Windows Watermark. You can use any of these and the watermark would be removed permanently from your screen until you install a new copy of Windows.
You May Also Read: Change Email Address Linked to Apple Account.
Guide #1: Via Command
- Open Notepad on your PC and paste the following shared code in the Notepad file.
@echo off Taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe explorer.exe exit
- Now click on File and select Save As then (Save as Type) choose All Files (*.*) and change the file name to remove.bat.
- After that save the file.
- Now look for the folder where you have saved this file and then right click on the file.
- Run the file as administrator.
- It will run a few commands and close the files automatically.
- You may still see the watermark but you’ve to reboot your PC to make the changes.
- Boom! Now Activate Windows watermark would be removed of your PC.
Guide #2: Via Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R keys together and enter regedit in the box then click on OK.
- Now open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- After that double click on PaintDesktopVersion at the right.
- Now in the Value Data change from 1 to 0 and click on OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Reboot your PC.
- That’s all, Now you won’t see Activate Windows Watermark anymore.
If you don’t want to pay for activating windows and want to get rid of Activate Windows watermark then it’s the easiest way of removing. You can follow any of the above-mentioned guides to remove the watermark. It was the ethical and free way of removing Activate Windows. However, it will not activate the Windows but removes the watermark.
If you’re having any query or suggestion related to Activate Windows Watermark then you can ask your question in the comments section below. We would be happy to assist you.
Do not forget to share this article with your friends who are also looking to remove the Activate Windows Watermark. Keep visiting TechVy for more updates.