If you use Internet Explorer browser or any similar browser then you might have faced “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” error on some websites. Actually, this is not your browser’s problem this issue is concerned with the website.
Generally when a website’s SSL Certificate gets expired and the owner does not renew or update the SSL Certificate then the website will show this error to every visitor. No matter which browser you’re using you will end up facing this error.
However, this is not a big issue for visitors as it can be bypassed easily with just a few clicks. There are different methods for different browsers to fix this issue. In this article, we will cover all the methods for bypassing “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” error.
Bypass Problem with Website Security Error
Recently there was an update in which it became mandatory for all website owner’s to implement the SSL, if a website owner does not use SSL Certificate on his/her website then browsers will show an error saying Problem With Website Security to each visitor of the website.
If you are an owner of the website and having this issue with the website then you need to Renew/Update your SSL Certificate. But if you are a visitor and wants to access the website but unable to access because of SSL error then here in this article we are going to share some tricks by which you can bypass this error easily.
Fix #1: Set Time & Date Properly
Sometimes you may end up facing this error if you are system’s time and date is not set properly or inaccurate. If this is the case with your system then you need to set proper date and timing of your PC.
- In the search bar of your PC enter Time.
- Now select Change Date & Time.
- If you have not set the date and time properly then click on Correct Time Zone.
- Now set date & time properly according to your country.
- Click on Save and open your browser again and access your website.
Fix #2: Certificate Address Mismatch
If the website has mismatch address of SSL certificate then there are chances that you will face this error. To fix this you can set your browser settings to not display such warnings.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Settings icon and select Internet Options.
- Then open Advanced tab.
- From the list, you have to uncheck following Warn about certificate address mismatch.
- That’s all, Now reload the website and it should load properly.
Fix #3: Install Certificate
If the above-shared methods didn’t work for you then there is a final solution in which you have to install the certificate for the website and then you would be able to access the website properly without any error.
- At first run Internet Explorer browser as Administrator.
- Now open the website on which you are getting the error and click on Continue to this website.
- After that click on View Certificate in the Address Bar.
- Then click on Install Certificate > Place all certificate in the following store
- Select Browser > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Ok
- Now you have to click on Yes when a popup appears.
- Select Ok for the prompt message.
- That’s it, Now the certificate for the specific website will be installed successfully and you would be able to access the website without any issue.
Fix #4: Turn of Firewall
Sometimes your antivirus can also cause this issue via the Firewall. So here this is the final solution to fix the error by turning off the firewall. Follow below-mentioned steps to turn off the firewall.
- Open Control Panel of your PC.
- Select System and Security.
- Open Windows Defender Firewall.
- If Firewall is on then Turn Off Firewall.
- Now open browser and try accessing the website on which you were getting the error.
- Hope it helps you in accessing website.
So here we shared some tricks to Fix “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” Error. The easiest way to fix this error is by fixing your date & time or Certificate Mismatch Address. However, you can try Installing the Certificate also. If still you are having trouble or unable to access the website then let us know via the comments section we would be happy to help you.